How do I set up my email in Windows 10 Mail?
Step 1: At the welcome screen, click 'Get Started', then click '+ Add Account'.
Step 2: From the 'Choose an Account' screen, select 'Advanced Setup' then 'Internet Email'.
Step 3: Enter the required information listed on the page.
- Account Name: This is the name of the account. For example, you can name it CableONE.
- Your Name: This is your name as you would like it to appear next to your email address when sending mail. As an example, this could be John Smith, J. Smith or John S.
- Incoming Mail Server: This will be mail.cableone.net
- POP3 or IMAP4 server: Select the server type you wish to use. NOTE: POP3 copies email from the server's inbox to your inbox. IMAP4 makes a mirror image of the folders and emails within those folders in Windows 10 Mail.
- Username: This will be the full Cable ONE email address.
- Password: This is your Cable ONE password.
- Outgoing Mail Server: This will be mail.cableone.net
- Outgoing Server Requires Authentication: This needs to be checked
- Use the same user name and password for sending mail: This needs to be checked
- Require SSL for incoming email: This needs to be checked.
- Require SSL for outgoing email: This needs to be checked.
Step 4: Click Sign in.
If there are no error messages, you have successfully created your Cable ONE account in Windows 10 Mail. If you have difficulty with your account, ensure all of your information is correct.
Incoming Email Server Info: IMAP4
Incoming Mail Server: mail.cableone.net:993:1
Incoming Email Server Info: POP3
Incoming Mail Server: mail.cableone.net:995:1
Outgoing Email Server Type: SMTP
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.cableone.net:465:1
User Name: Needs to include @cableone.net
Password: Enter in your Cable ONE password.
Check Outgoing server requires authentication
Check use the same user name and password for sending email
Check Require SSL for incoming email
Check Require SSL for outgoing email
Should you continue to encounter problems, delete the existing account and try again.