How do I reboot my cable modem?
If you don't have Cable ONE Phone, follow these instructions to reboot your modem:
- Locate the power cord on the back of the Cable modem.
- Unplug power, wait 15 seconds and then plug it back in.
- The lights on the modem should slowly be restored within a few minutes.
- Please wait until the "Online" light is solid.
- You may need to reboot your router and/or computer in order to re-establish an Internet connection.
If you have an Arris Brand Cable Modem (likely if you currently have or had Cable One Phone service), please follow these steps:
- Please locate the recessed reset button that is located on the back of your Arris modem.
- Use an object with a small tip to depress the reset button for 1 seconds. Avoid holding down the reset button for more than 10 seconds. Doing this will accidentally reset the modem to its factory defaults.
- The lights on the modem should turn off, except for the power light, and then slowly be restored within a few minutes.
- The services your modem provides should be restored once the "Online" light is on and no longer flashing.
- You may need to reboot your router and or computer in order to re-establish an Internet connection.