Q. I am blind/visually impaired. What does Cable ONE provide to make service accessible to me?
A. Cable ONE has partnered with TiVo to offer our customers the TiVo Bolt, which provides a variety of functions in addition to the core functionality of a TiVo Receiver:
Audio Guide — Guide that provides audio information on:
- Program Guide
- Playback functions
- Input selection
- Customers can hear an audio narration, available via SAP, of the visual elements on programs being watched
- Easily accessible functions
Q. Do I need to have Internet service with you to use the TiVo Bolt?
A. The TiVo Bolt does require Internet service to receive programming information, operating system updates, and access to streaming media provided by third parties. If you do not have Internet service, Cable ONE will provide Internet service sufficient to provide programming information and operating system updates. Customers who wish to utilize the streaming capability of the TiVo unit, must subscribe to Cable ONE Internet service of at least 5Mbps, at an additional cost.
Q. Will the TiVo Bolt cost me anything?
A. The TiVo Bolt is available to customers who have a demonstrated need for visually impaired video accessibility for $7/month. For customers who have additional TVs that need similar accessibility, Cable ONE offers the TiVo Mini available at a cost of $7 each per month.
Q. How do I show demonstrated need?
A. Demonstrated need can be obtained by providing:
- Proof of participation in a nationally established program for individuals who are blind or visually impaired (e.g., National Deaf Blind Equipment Distribution Program or the National Library Service's talking books program).
- Documentation from any professional or service provider with direct knowledge of the disability, such as a social worker, case worker, counselor, teacher, school superintendent, professional librarian, doctor, ophthalmologist, optometrist, or registered nurse.
- A letter from the Social Security Administration, or a letter from the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped.
Q. How do I order the TiVo Bolt?
A. To order a TiVo Bolt, please contact our Customer Service department at 844-574-2746, Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. during daylight savings hours (6 a.m. to 6 p.m. for the rest of the year).
Q. Do you have a website where I can get more information?
A. Yes – more information can be found at www.cableone.net/accessibility
Q. Is there someone I can email with questions and provide feedback to about Cable ONE accessibility?
A. Contact Information:
Reg. Gen. Counsel - Reg. Affairs
210 E. Earll Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85012